Love can encompass emotions ranging from happiness to vindictiveness. It is an emotion that can heal the soul, but if threatened it can shake our trust in humanity. Love is not something that should be taken lightly. It has great power. We are all capable of loving unconditionally, a tall order, tonnes of risk… but worth it. The following are the ten principles that all should live by to attain and express the best that Love offers.
1. Put your partner first; it’s not about you.
2. Love no matter what; adore and praise.
3. Be yourself and express your true core.
4. Have positive intention: no threats, no judgement.
5. Forgive so you can be free.
6. Open your heart: be intimate.
7. Use the power of loving language.
8. Be vulnerable and honest.
9. Strive for constant growth: experience life together.
10. Express gratitude.
The most difficult part of pursuing love in our relations is when there is tension, disagreement, fear or animosity. In that moment, it is difficult to reverse the cycle of negativity. However, the only way to break negativity is with positivity. Thus, by remembering the long-term goals of our relationships such as good health, happiness and growth, we can alter our strategy and aim for a win-win.
Come up with 3 things that you can do today to treat your loved ones with kindness so you can build an even stronger bond.